Choosing a Whale Watch
When choosing a whale watch vessel on Maui, keep these
facts in mind:
- Boat speed and size. (A large, fast boat will provide more time viewing
whales in comfort and less time spent FINDING
- KIDS 6 and under FREE, with each paying adult.
- Try to avoid the prevailing trade winds that run through Maalaea.
(The calmest waters with the highest concentration of whales exist off of West Maui and
- Take a cruise on a boat with an on-board credentialed Naturalist for the best
whale narration and information.
- Make certain the company GUARANTEES your whale
sightings on every cruise.
- Ask for Whale Cam, the live underwater video
equipment with on-board monitors for incredible viewing opportunities.
(Subject to ocean and visibility
conditions and proximity to whales)
For the best Whale Watch on Maui, make your reservations today
with Lahaina Cruise Company on our 70' Kaualana Catamaran.
Whale watch cruises include
expert narration with the latest scientific information about the humpback
Knowledgeable captains, crew/naturalists are aboard to narrate,
answer questions and explain witnessed whale behavior. You can participate in
Whale Research by taking a Whale Watch Cruise
with Lahaina Cruise
Maui Whale Watch
For Internet discounts check out our
& Information Form
Whales in Maui | Whale Research |
Humpback Migration |
Choosing a Whale Watch Boat |
Make a Whale
Watch Reservation | Internship Opportunities
Island Marine Institute
1036 Limahana Place, 3E
Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii 96761
Toll Free 1 866 910 6284
2008 Island Marine